Sunday 26 June 2011

"Things are better in the future..." (Or so I'm told...)

Ok, so I was watching Lost (that's right - I'm only now catching up with the final series. So please don't comment with spoilers... D: bah!). That, combined with a (brief) conversation about time-zones, inspired me to write a blog. That's why, in "homage" to Lost, this blog is to do with time-travel :D 
Photobucket
She's from... THE FUTURE! 























My friends know, much to their detestation, that I have a "thing" about time-travel. It's not so much that I'm super into sci-fi, or any related pseudo-scientific paranormal technology, but... I think there's no feeling that can really compare to the feeling of getting your head-fucked... :') I love thinking about the idea of interacting with people from the future... or indeed, travelling to the future and interacting with people from the past...

Hmm... I suppose I could relate this to my "Superpowers. I want one" blog - in the sense that I have a lingering desire to achieve impossible feats. I mean... time-travel isn't possible. I know this. I'm not delusional. 

I strive for the moments when I make this face --------> :O (I call them "Lost" moments - when something time-travel related has happened... like a character meeting their younger self... or... something...). They are cool. 

This is Jack from Lost dressed as a chicken...
No... I don't understand it either...  - credit:
http://www.odoe.net/jackfaces/index.html
I know what you might be thinking at this point - that I'm going to relate it to the idea of going back and fixing moments of your past - but my feelings on that subject aren't that deep in the slightest. Also, if I know anything at all about time-travel - which I don't - altering the past can and will always have drastic consequences on the space-time continuum. And I'm not about to go messing around with that... It's more a selfish desire to achieve the aforementioned "Lost" moments 8-) 

But what about my future? I guess... in a way, I've decided one thing for the moment. I kind of moved away from the idea of becoming an office manager (as passionate as I was for that career... D':). I'm much more likely now to become a teacher - as I originally planned. 

I can't pinpoint exactly what caused this sudden revelation... Could my future really lie in the public education sector? Maybe, to inspire misguided youths with my unwavering passion for music is my destiny... but...

As shallow as it sounds... it may just be because I really like the idea of wearing different combinations of shirts and ties everyday... (which, ironically, I could do in an office... fuck the kids... in a non-perverse way.. o.O) yayyy for materialism... 
D: 
Because it's my DESTINY to feature a cat picture on every blog...
but I don't know whether to believe in destiny :) 

2 comments:

  1. Yep your out there somewhere..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does this mean?! D:

    For one - *you're.

    In my crazy time-travel obsessed mind, I'd have to assume you're sending me a cryptic message from the future. That would LITERALLY, make my entire life. Ha... Unless - You took my comment about the children in the wrong manner, and are now hunting me down as a paedophile...

    Obviously, I'm hoping it's the former.

    ReplyDelete