Thursday 19 May 2011

Issues of Trust

This is a picture to supposedly symbolize "trust" - even though they're
clearly holding a baby's hand. I don't trust babies... They can't even support
their own heads some of them... let alone emotionally support another person. 
This blog update centres around the issues and implications of trust.

I, as a person, am very trusting. To the point where most people would assume it causes a hindrance to my everyday life. I don't think it's an entirely bad thing to be as trusting a person as me. I like to think I would give a mass-murderer the benefit of the doubt if he argued his case well enough... wait - that doesn't sound right. What I mean is, I wouldn't necessarily right him off as a person based on his actions - there's nothing to be gained from doing that. It would be far more useful to understand the reasons why he acted
 that way in the first place. 

(Note: I do not, nor have I ever condoned mass-murder or any murderous-related acts. Nor have I ever partaken in said events, be they directly or indirectly. Remember kids - MURDER IS WRONG

I'm not saying that I'm naive in any sense. I'm not at the point where I would happily give up my shoes to a tramp because I trust him enough to sell them to pay for food, (or more appropriately, to ward off the rats from biting his toes o.O). Let's face it - he's far more likely to sell them to buy drugs :|


(Note: I must once again stress that I do not, nor have I ever partaken in the use, and/or misuse of drugs... I'm sure you get the picture by now, but I'll reiterate regardless: DRUGS ARE WRONG

When it comes to meeting new people, I have no option but to trust them. It's in my nature. I see no reason in my head to believe that they would have any incentive to do me harm. Sure - they could be a mass-murderer. They might be a creepy cyber-stalker. They could even potentially be the next Hitler (God forbid...) But why would you put a negative spin on things? Why face everything with pessimism? Who's to say that your trust might just prevent them from becoming that terrible person in the first place?

If trust (as a conceptual interpersonal "force" so to speak) didn't exist, where would the human race be today? We would all be figurative "lone wolves," as opposed to a "wolf pack." (Wow, actually don't know where I pulled that analogy from - I think I
secretly want to be in a wolf pack...) The human race moving as random particles, never colliding (OK chemistry now? Seriously?), never trusting each other to accomplish things that are greater than the sum of their parts. (the analogies stop now - I swear... -_-) 

Another seemingly unrelated cat picture. Although to be honest,
I probably wouldn't trust these cats. They look pretty G. 

I just think that trust is a rare thing these days - and to be able to find someone you can trust unequivocally is even rarer. To be able to find just one person that you can put yourself in a position of complete vulnerability, and trust them not to destroy you... I believe that is true trust. 





Cheese... :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment