Saturday 21 May 2011

The World Ends With You

I know where my loyalties lie... 
Hmm... This whole "Rapture" business seems to have not come to fruition. But I can't say I'm surprised, even though, at the time of writing this - 12:46pm - the apocalypse is meant to occur at 6:00pm in your respective time zones... a quick google search revealed. (I must admit, rather than think "apocalypse" when hearing the word "rapture," my mind instantly went to Bioshock... sigh video games... :D)

But I don't want to turn into a crazy-religious-nutjob-preacher-guy. Hence this blog is related to the theme of "endings."

There were many options I could've chosen for a "cool-sounding," or "artsy" blog-post title for today - "All good things come to an end," springs to mind. But the title is a video game (I'm obsessed o.O). Without giving too much away, the game starts with your death, and centres around the trials and tribulations you endure to reclaim your life. I'm not going to pretend like I can make sense out of the title, (or infer it to an unintentional meaning) because chances are it's a direct translation from the Japanese original, "It's a Wonderful World." But 
I would interpret its meaning is one of perception. If you believe that the world is over, then it ends with you. Only you can say when your world ends. 

But alas, I'm not here to get into philosophical debates either... I feel like I'm going off topic again. 

On the subject of endings, my first year of uni is almost over. I was discussing this topic last night with a friend, who shall be codenamed... erm... "Sebalicious" (an indecipherable codename, if I do say so myself...). This year has gone by too quickly. I know it sounds so cliché and everyone told me this would be how it would feel in the run-up to the end, but I didn't heed their warnings. Without realizing it, I'm literally a week away from finishing. My last exam will be over, then it's smooth sailing until summer... ahh the blissful ideals of a summer vacation - I can't think of anything better than spending copious periods of time indoors with my friends playing Xbox... 8-|

I'm not going to do a "review" of the year; that would be pointless. There were good, and bad times... mostly good. Do I regret certain choices I made throughout the year? I guess. Would I do it again if I could? Probably. Would things change if I did that...? Impossible to tell.

One things is certain though... regardless if you believe the
 world ends today at 6:00pm, or if you feel like you can take control of your own life, it's important to remember one thing...


This is me, in cat form, playing video games.
What? You're telling me that wasn't obvious?! 





Video games are fun. 

2 comments:

  1. hey lol nice one Dad XX see you @ 18.01 somewhere...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? I don't know who you are, or why you're calling me "dad," but in case you hadn't noticed, it's way past 18:00 now.

    ReplyDelete