Friday 27 May 2011

"Stop pimping our kids?" Shut up.

Today's entry was suggested by a recent fan of my blog :)

This post centres around the topic of the youth of today, something I comment on alot... it's just me showing my age... really, (20 - in case you were wondering...). More specifically, their ever-increasing perceived "sexualization" that faces them.

She is annoying.
(Anna Richardson... the girl I'm indifferent towards...)

I believe however, that this is simply media scaremongering. It's parental discretion that should govern what their kids wear, how they act, and where they are. Like this silly the "The Sex Education" show... hosted by the homicidal-inducing Anna Richardson. Her claims that the youth of today are being over-exposed (literally and figuratively) to the horrors of SEX.

I'm not gonna lie, (and in doing so, I'm about to be very frank), but kids today seem to know far more about sex than they should. It may not be completely accurate knowledge, but they are more aware about sex than I was at their age (geez... now I really feel old...).

One of Anna Richardson's arguments is that clothes shops are selling/marketing inappropriate clothes to children; one specific example being padded bras for 6-year olds. Now... I don't know about you... but I don't know of any 6-year olds (granted I actually don't know any 6-year olds...) who are going clothes shopping alone... that's a bad enough example of parenting as it is. But which parents are buying these children padded bras?! (regardless if they're on sale in the first place or not...) I think these parents are the ones who should be scolded... but Anna Richardson has other ideas - instead targeting these chain shops with her own specific brand of vigilante "for the people" justice. I assumed that most things that go on sale to the general public get panel-tested and market-researched thoroughly... so someone, somewhere thought these bras were a good idea. Our beloved host clearly knows more than them though.

"THIS is an apple... and I am a bitch."
I didn't know Anna Richardson was a shrewd business woman, as well as an annoying TV presenter... 

2 comments:

  1. Not one of your better one's xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. D:

    I appreciate the feedback, but maybe try and advise me on how to make it better? Not making excuses, but I was really tired while I did this blog... after having done an all-nighter the other night, my sleep pattern is still a bit crazy. I'll try and be back on form sooooooon :D

    ReplyDelete