Tuesday 17 May 2011

Work ethic. I have none.

This blog post centres around the idea of this so called "work ethic," - and my complete absence of one. 


Sloth's - they are both creepy AND lazy,
hence they illustrate my point quite well. 
I have one approach to school-work/homework (just anything that relies on me actually having to do something productive...) I call it the "ostrich method." Burying my head in the metaphorical sand of Youtube, Facebook, Blogger, Xbox etc. Pretty much whatever is close to hand that provides a lasting distraction from having to think too hard about... boring stuff... 

I'd rather not think about it at all if possible... I tend to cut people off at the mere mention of a deadline. To say that I procrastinate is an understatement. If procrastination were an Olympic sport... well, I might not win the gold, but that would (ironically) be purely down to lack of effort. Unless... that was how they would decide the winner...? By who puts in the least amount of effort? Hmm... I guess it doesn't matter either way. Procrastination won't catch on. And it's not making it's way to the Olympics any time soon.

(Wow, I even get distracted from writing this blog. I'm just a terrible person D: )

I do envy people who can do work in a reasonable time... or better yet those that seem to start work straight away. Then they're able to enjoy guilt-free fun, instead of my half-hearted attempt at procrastination.

I don't see this changing any time soon either. I like to think that I'm "challenging" myself by setting a new record with each piece of work; "how close can I get to the deadline before I actually start..." When, in actuality, I'm just making things worse for myself in the long run. There's a Facebook group that likens the act of procrastination with another heinous act (one done my the male sex)... but it somehow doesn't seem right to utter such filth on the blogosphere. 


I aspire to this (sans the beer... beer tastes like eggs...
and not the good kind...) 
One day I'll experience the joys of having fun with no pangs of guilt at the thought of looming deadlines at the back of my mind. For now though I can't help it; procrastination is just so damn fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment